Thursday, November 22, 2012

Here We Go!

On Monday, I shared how I turned bits and pieces from old kits into a mega-kit.  Since my goal is to use up the new and improved kit that I've created, I'm attempting to scrap one layout a week using things found in that lot of papers and embellishments.  (We'll see how that goes...I'll keep you updated!)

My first layout is based on a couple pictures of my boys wearing their Steelers' thermals:


This page is a bit "grungier" (if that's even a word) than I usually do, but it seemed to fit with the theme.

As a bit of background, my husband and I are both from western Pennsylvania, so we're Pittsburgh Steelers fans.  We transferred to south Georgia in 2008 for my husband's job, and after a year or so of living down here, I stumbled on some Steelers shirts at our local Old Navy.  Of course, I had to buy them for my boys!  ;)

Back to my layout - the Thickers were white fabric, but I took the yellow acrylic paint and colored them:


I also used the paint and some black ink with the roller stamp to create the page border:


In the above picture, you can see that I distressed the edges of the patterned paper and pictures, and painted and inked around the journaling circle.  There's also some polka-dot rub-ons thrown in there...I was totally channelling my inner Christy Tomlinson!  :)

3 comments :

  1. Very cool layout, Dawn!
    I did a mini album about the time Evan and I went to Star Wars night at the Blues hockey game.
    That was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout, Dawn!! It's just perfect for the picture and the theme. I LOVE your details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout! The colors are perfect for a Steelers page.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top