Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cousins

Hello Nesters!  Dawn here, with a quick page walkthrough.  As a little background...this summer my cousin and her two boys were able to come down for a visit - and I have a ton of pictures from that week waiting to be scrapped.  With the start of the school-year, and vacation, and the never-ending cold that we keep passing around our family, I've been having a hard time fitting in time to sit down and scrap.  (Anyone else like me?  It always seems that my crafty time gets pushed to the back-burner when life gets crazy.)

My husband finally told me to sit down and work on a page - the chores will wait.  (I really do love that guy!)  I happened to have the September "We Are Family" kit from Scraptastic Club sitting on my desk, so that's what I used for this page.



This is actually the kit + add-on (you can see the full contents at the website if you're interested).


I pulled out a couple photos (to be honest, I just grabbed these from the top of the stack) and then selected any paper from the kit that I thought may work (I ended up only using three sheets though).


I narrowed my photos down to two.  I don't often scrap a landscape and portrait photo on the same page, so I chose the two portrait photos and returned the landscape to the pile.

I also started playing with paper placement.  I usually spend a few minutes moving my patterned paper around before I glue anything down.



Once I was satisfied with my paper placement, I inked my edges and starting adhering the paper to my layout.  I added pennants from the die-cut sheet to both sides of my photos and then put a strip of washi tape along the tops of the pennants.


Here is the page with the title and a few stickers added.  I wanted to keep this one simple, so I just added some enamel dots to finish things off:

  
It was really nice to sit down and finish a page.  Now, I just need to motivate myself to complete the three other half-done projects sitting on my desk!  :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top