Thursday, May 22, 2014

The LOAD Layouts are Still Coming!

Howdy Nesters!  Dawn here with more LOAD layouts.  I'm still a bit shocked that I've kept up with a layout a day for just over three weeks now!  

I left off at the halfway mark.  Today, I'm going to share six additional pages - including a page that I really dislike, but more on that in a bit.

First up is this one from Day 16:



(If you enlarge the photo, you should be able to read the journaling.)  The prompt had to do with getting into trouble...since we call our youngest "Trouble", it led to this page.

I've been loving the extra dimension of foam lately, though midway through cutting foam tape to put behind that title I was having second thoughts.  I like the look of the finished product, so it was worth it.  :)


And here is the next one.  This layout was really quick for me (yay!) and I love the fun colors.  The prompt had to do with television (which we don't watch much), but it got me thinking about movies, and then 3-D movies, which led to Disney (yes, this is how my brain works!).  :)


I used orange ink and then Glossy Accents on the wood veneer glasses to get a similar look to the 3-D glasses in the photos.


And it's not a Disney page without a little Mickey.


The prompt for Day 18 was the dentist.  And I ended up with Goofy.  It made sense in my head.  :)


 Once again, I couldn't forget the mouse:


Here is Monday's page.  Originally, the journaling was supposed to go directly onto the craft cardstock, but I made a typo.  I think it works with the yellow polka-dot paper too.


This page is near and dear to my heart because I've had very well-meaning people question my decision to be home with my family.    


As you can see, this is an older photo, but it's one of my all-time favorites.  I have another picture from that session next to my computer.  It makes me happy.

You know what else makes me happy?  Stars.  Lots and lots of stars.



You know what makes me unhappy?  This page.


I've been working hard to use up the last few scraps from those original two kits, and I think it may be time to add the rest of the remnants to some other kits.  I just wasn't feeling this page.  I like the story, and I like the picture, but the layout as a whole doesn't work for me.  However, I dislike the idea of recreating the page way more than I dislike the page, so it stays.  

But on to happier pages.  This was yesterday's layout:



I actually scrapped earlier this month about his stay in the hospital, and yesterday I took a much more light-hearted approach to some of the photos from that time.

I went a little crazy with the foam dots again on the title.  And I love the little yellow frame. 



This was another layout where I flubbed the original journaling.  I cut this piece of paper to cover my mistake, and I like the end result much better than the original.  


I have today's layout finished, but I'll wait until next week to share it (just because I need better lighting for the photo).

So that's it - whew!  I'm curious, though...what do you do with the layouts that you don't love?  Anyone take the time to redo them?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top